Greetings friends, family, backers and supporters!
We did it! The books are here! Here’s a short 5-minute sneak peak into the book and the latest from this wild ride of an indie author/papa/gypsy family book tour prep:
I hope you enjoyed the video! Here’s a few more tidbits to this post and then it’s back to work on some serious video editing for the book & eBook—another 3AM work fest! But I see the light! It’s called April 25th when we’ll be ON THE ROAD!
Speaking of the road, I mentioned we needed some help on the ground in the cities we’re stopping in. I can’t do this all myself. So please, check out our route and tour itinerary at http://abicyclebuiltfortwobillion.com/family-book-tour-route and let anyone know up on the route the gypsy family is on our way to their town and would love to connect, ride and synergize.
We’ve got a few kickoff events to attend or share. I’ll be sharing photos, videos and stories—all family friendly good times here:
1) Kickoff Events in Santa Cruz!: We have 3 events in Santa Cruz to share with Bay Area Crew: http://bit.ly/cruz-events
2) San Luis Obispo is On!: We head out on the 25th of April to SLO and will do an event at Art’s Cyclery and SLO Library. Know anyone in SLO? Please send this link: http://bit.ly/slo-events
3) Ventura County: We’ll looking at some fun events planned with the KOA in Ventura and Channel Island University, http://bit.ly/ventura-events
4) San Diego: We’re working on this. Anyone lend a hand in finding some cool venues? Book shops, bike shops, libraries, schools, restaurants, etc. Love any help here. Thanks!
5) then…Flagstaff/Phoenix/Sedona, Santa Fe/Taos, Austin/San Antonio, New Orleans…
Check out the new website! We launched a very tight, fun and functional site with the help of the great Jeff Nichols. It’s got book info, events, media, book tour stops and so much more and it’s too cool. www.aBicycleBuiltForTwoBillion.com.
Photo Update: We made a creative, strategical decision to go with nearly 200 black and white photos placed at the end of each chapter vs. the planned 30-40 color photos placed in the center of the book. This will allow us to carry the exact books on the book tour that will be available to book buyers. This made more sense than having a special edition book that was not available for wholesalers. If you are upset or feel misled, please contact Jamie for a refund on pre-orders. But I know you’ll dig the layout.
That’s about it for now! We’ve got tons of books coming and they will be on sale on Amazon + bookstores around the 28th. Very excited!!