Ya know that feeling just before going on a scary roller coaster when you’re a kid? The tight feeling in the stomach, the giddy anticipation of wild yet welcomed madness? That’s my daily emotion…18-hours a day from 7AM to 1AM or so is about normal. And there is no end in sight…
Since my family flew to Spain for an extended stay I turned up the volume of production to 11 and finished my book, found a $60,000 travel trailer to borrow from Heartland RV in 2015, helped designed a website, book cover, Kickstarter campaign, shot and edited videos in English and Spanish, planned a nationwide road tour and we still have a LOT to do.
On the agenda now is finding a place to park this house on wheels during the 12,000 mile road trip so we’re hoping to stay at KOA campgrounds. Oh, and a vehicle to pull that 8,000 pound home? Need that too. Hummm. And gas money? Double hummmmmm.
I’m a full time author with a book that’s not out yet so I have to be creative. So the next few weeks are about finding win-win partnerships. Or even win-win-win partnerships.
Sooooooooooo, if I have my way, the future looks like this:
1) KOA Campgrounds hosts us in about 30 states or so and we hook them up with great beneifts
2) We deliver smiles and memories to kids with Cancer at the KOA Kids Camps
3) GM loans us a diesel passenger van to pack in my family and everyone we meet + books + bikes
4) CocoHydro helps us with fuel and we fuel our bodies and let others fuel theirs with their sustainable coconut water hydration products.
5) Panasonic sets us up with some new cameras and presentation gear to capture and share stories
6) Our Kickstarter funds up and covers the printing of the book
If all this happens (or most of it) we will have a comfortable, abundant, fulfilling trip around the USA with a massive box of books to spread the love around USA. If it does not happen, plans B & C can be hatched and we’re still going around the USA and spreading love…just may look different. Either way…It’s on!